When choosing a class to attend, how do you decide?
I have recently been asked why someone would choose to attend Pilates at Orchard Clinic or attend a non-clinical instructor led class. Apart from the experience we have gained over the past 26 years as a clinic and the long standing history we have of providing Pilates and Yoga, I had to think about what makes us different from a normal gym based class.
We provide Chartered Physiotherapists that teach our classes. What does that mean to you?
- The biggest benefit to speak of is the skill level available. All of your instructors are very experienced instructors with many years of running a variety of different classes aimed at different abilities and needs.
- Postnatal pilates
- Beginners classes
- intermediate classes
- Over 60s
- Many of the instructors have had formal accreditation from The Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI), which is a training technique that has been adapted and used in the UK but also Australia, Brazil, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA, Switzerland, South Korea, China and the UAE.
- The other major benefit is that you have a Physiotherapist taking the class, so clinically they will have assessed and treated clients with musculoskeletal problems and prescribed exercise to manage pain, improve mobility, and enable returned function. Those core skills help the physio-instructors continually assess and manage movement dysfunction to improve mobility and strength ensuring that the client reach their Goals!
- The next positive is the satisfaction of knowing that if there is a problem the physio-instructor will be well placed to give clinically appropriate information and, if needed, can either refer you to see one of our physiotherapists or offer advice about speaking to your GP.
What do I hope you get from the class?
- The most important thing is that you enjoy your time while in a session.
- That you feel you are gently pushed towards your goals in a supportive manner.
- That you feel the benefit from the exercise allowing you to enjoy your working time and hobbies without pain.
We hold a variety of classes, at various times throughout the week. Our classes our very popular so we do recommend you book in advance. Please see our timetable on our classes page for further information.